POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Question about English grammar : Re: Question about English grammar Server Time
7 Sep 2024 23:27:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question about English grammar
From: Stephen
Date: 1 Jul 2008 13:05:40
Message: <h1ok6456umq07bsc1m7h6cltft8nubll57@4ax.com>
On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 16:42:34 +0100, "Phil Cook"
<phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:

>Noooo tell me that you're not one of those people who email a photo by
>embedding it in a Word document ;-)

I'm not one of those people who email a photo by embedding it in a
Word document.

Will that do?
Grumble, grumble, mumble, mumble. :)

>> In fact I'm getting fed up with it.
>> There are so many words it does not know, especially old fashioned
>> ones.
>
>None that I can recall off the top of my head, but occasionally I note the
>Firefox spell-checker also has some odd gaps in its lexicon.

Dialect seems to be taboo as does archaic words. Here are a few of the
ones I've had to add to my CUSTOM.DIC

Ballinluig, Campsie, cathodic, ejit, googled, Hepworth, havering,
Kernutt, MacDuff, McAvoy, Medea, Morlocks, nomograms, Ochone,
Pitlochry, Pov, PovRay, Pratchett, plugin, Schiphol, Smallpipes,
shadowless, spline, Yara,

>> And the grammar check is irritating me too.
>
>I tend to ignore the grammar checker except for the odd form/from or "it
>it"
Mine keeps switching itself on
--

Regards