POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : help with rotation, gimbal lock? quaternions? : Re: help with rotation, gimbal lock? quaternions? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:18:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: help with rotation, gimbal lock? quaternions?
From: Peter Popov
Date: 14 Mar 2002 00:07:22
Message: <glb09ucfqm2gani7cmill9q035608e2rtg@4ax.com>
On Tue, 12 Mar 2002 12:04:29 -0600, Christopher James Huff
<chr### [at] maccom> wrote:

>For normals, you have to transform by the transpose of this matrix.

You know, I've never done it that way. Doesn't make much sense unless
some tangents are involved. A normal is, after all, a vector. The only
thing you might want to do is to normalize the result if you need a
unit-length normal. So I don't get the transpose idea.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg