POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I've been away from here for X years and all I can come up with is this stupid post. : Re: I've been away from here for X years and all I can come up with is this stupid post. Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:12:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I've been away from here for X years and all I can come up with is this stupid post.
From: Stephen
Date: 20 Jan 2008 06:11:47
Message: <gka6p3lbdc66d72m9v3latj9mc13m3du56@4ax.com>
On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 01:33:35 -0500, Ian Burgmyer <spe### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

>Stephen wrote:
>> I'm just not interested in cars. I quite like driving and I loved the drive from
>> Miami to Key West I did about 10 years ago.
>
>I'm going to be dealing with a shared car situation the entire time I'm
>in Tampa.  So far it's been quite...uhh...let's just say this is the
>first time I've been without a car for an extended period of time since
>I was 16.

It must make you feel poor.

>It probably wouldn't be so bad if I didn't drive something
>like 1600 miles in the two weeks before I got here. :P
>
>Ah well, I'll live.

I would have thought that you would welcome a rest :)

>The whole thing about traffic going at 4 mph reminds me of Cleveland
>rush hour traffic.  My speeds pretty much ranged from 0 to 85, just by
>keeping up with traffic and not doing anything stupid.

Yup! And that is not counting the "congestion charge". I generally park in China
Town, where you can get half price parking if you are going to the theatre or
buy a meal in a supporting restaurant.

>> I've had a scene with a routmaster (traditional London bus) in my mind for a
>> couple of years. I'm just building up my skills before I start. It should be
>> ready for Pov Ver 4 :)
>
>Heh. :P
>
>I'm looking forward to seeing that if you ever slap it together.

The working title is "Ritual Suicide at the number six bus stop".
:)

Regards
	Stephen