POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Some ideas about SDL enhancements : Re: Some ideas about SDL enhancements Server Time
8 Jul 2024 18:08:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some ideas about SDL enhancements
From: ABX
Date: 3 Apr 2003 04:19:42
Message: <gjun8v4lvqmrbtuihckcdvt9clrhn4je6d@4ax.com>
On Thu, 03 Apr 2003 09:08:14 +0200, ABX <abx### [at] abxartpl> wrote:
> But it will be also possible to do it in one pass. Instead of
> using internal function with output of rendering you could use new camera_view
> pigment type.

It should be noted that neither camera_view pigment nor post_process effects has
resolution like image_map. They are contignous from <0,0> to <1,1> but of course
values taken from rendering output are pixelized. In order to get camera_view
and effects "pixelized" (integer coordinates on image) we have to use (delivered
but simple) functions to convert. Having contignous coordinates seems much
better since now we can experiment with other antialiasing without patching
sources. In other words AA become part of post_processing instead of rendering
(and when you wish only part of image can be antialiased with only necessary
amount of rays traced).

ABX