POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Some Basic Loop Questions : Some Basic Loop Questions Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:27:07 EDT (-0400)
  Some Basic Loop Questions
From: Glen Berry
Date: 22 Jun 2004 18:45:51
Message: <gbnhd09fb5vqngh5328bhku6cg41lner6u@4ax.com>
I'd like to know if the following things are possible within POV-Ray's
scene language, either directly or via some indirect workaround.

1)  When doing a while loop, is it possible to conditionally abort the
loop and continue processing the rest of the scene file, if a certain
condition tests true? I believe this ability exists in some
programming languages, but I don't know how to do it with POV.

2)  Is it possible to combine tests within an #if statement? Imagine
something roughly like this:

#if (A>2) AND (B>3)
   DoStuffHere
#end

I'd like to know how to accomplish the equivalent of these ideas. I'm
not expecting POV to support them directly. Any help is appreciated.

thanks,
Glen