POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : dragon scales and claws : Re: dragon scales and claws Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:29:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: dragon scales and claws
From: Mike Williams
Date: 4 Jul 2005 14:24:51
Message: <gQ5rLLAQjXyCFw2m@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Barehunter who wrote:
>AS you can guess I am working on a dragon modell. I am trying to find a
>decent dragon scale like texture since, using only Green, this guy looks
>like the dragon from the old Kookla, Fran and Ollie show.

I've used this:

#declare Skin = texture {
   pigment {
     crackle turbulence 0.2 octaves 2
     colour_map {
        [ 0   rgb <.0,.1,.0>]
        [ 0.1 rgb <.3,.5,.1>]
        [ 0.4 rgb <.3,.4,.2>]
        [ 1.0 rgb <.5,.5,.1>]
     }
   scale 0.3
   }
   finish {Shiny ambient 0.2}
   normal {
     crackle 2
     turbulence 0.2
     scale 0.3
   }
}

>also is there any macro that can make a shape like a cone that turns a 90
>angle. trying to make a claw.

How about the difference of two sphere_sweeps

#declare Thing =
sphere_sweep { b_spline 5
  <0,0,0>,     1
  <0,1,0>,     0.6
  <0,1.5,0>,   0.55
  <1,2,0>,     0.3
  <2,2,0>,     0
}

#declare Claw =
difference {
 object {Thing}
 object {Thing translate <0.011,0.001,0>}
 plane {y,0.75}
}

--
Mike Williams