POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Internal Error - integer divide by zero exception. : Re: Internal Error - integer divide by zero exception. Server Time
3 Aug 2024 04:19:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Internal Error - integer divide by zero exception.
From: Stephen McAvoy
Date: 29 May 2004 11:48:16
Message: <g5chb014t2rts9t67g3ifl8qhh8ke2goao@4ax.com>
On Sat, 29 May 2004 16:19:59 +0200, "Thorsten Froehlich"
<tho### [at] trfde> wrote:

>Well, you didn't provide a scene or any other kind of reproducible test
>case.  You did not even state the version of POV-Ray you are using.  And you
>said you already solved the problem.  Not much left to respond to then :-)

Oh, I don't know about that, Thorsten.
Someone could have said something along the lines of "PovRay will give
an integer divide by zero exception when XXX"
Seriously though I did not provide a scene for two reasons;
One I want to enter the animation in the current IRTC and I am loath
to preview it as any impact it may have, will be lost. Not that I'm
secretive or think someone would copy it but it is not ready to be
shown yet.
Two the size. The Pov file is greater than 12,500 lines and 660k in
size, it has 2 Poser meshes 2 Meg each.
I don't want to waste bandwidth on something that might or might not
show up. That is the problem with intermittent faults. IIRC it only
started to give an error when I used AA settings of
Antialias_Threshold = 0.1
Antialias_Depth = 3
Sampling_Method = 2
But that may be a red herring.
What will cause an integer divide by zero exception when rendering?

BTW I am using PovRay 3.5, AMD 1735 Mhz, Win XP, 512 Meg of RAM.
Rereading my original post I think I can see why you and others may
have thought that the problem was solved. My head was as thick as
mince in the neck of a bottle due to a bad cold:-}

Regards
        Stephen