POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : IRTC - voting policies : Re: IRTC - voting policies Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:25:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC - voting policies
From: Stephen
Date: 8 Mar 2008 14:26:19
Message: <g2q5t3tgoultcnr33cf6v760qfdmf2u2a2@4ax.com>
On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 12:34:09 -0500, David Buck <dav### [at] simberoncom> wrote:

>Your thoughts would be appreciated.

I like the idea of voting without entering because I don't often have the time
to create an entry but am very interested in the contest. I think that votes
should only be counted if all entries are voted on.
As Warp pointed out Entrants will probably make up the majority of voters.
I think that the votes/scores should be hidden until the end of the competition
to stop skewed voting.
The concept of weighted scores for different categories should be discussed and
I have always had a problem with technical merit. How would I as a Pover know
how hard it is to use another programme? Also simple techniques can make great
art.

Regards
	Stephen