POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : media player : Re: media player Server Time
6 Aug 2024 08:18:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: media player
Date: 22 Apr 2002 09:06:12
Message: <g128cu4651e3sc6qaccb60vlalr76iiuee@4ax.com>
On Wed, 17 Apr 2002 13:52:00 +0100, "jimbobjim" <jim### [at] blueyondercouk>
wrote:
> Could someone recommend a decent media player - as about 50% of the anims I
> download from p.b.a simply don't play.

I think it's not the problem of player but installed codecs.

> I used to use Windows Media Player
> which had a success rate of about 75% but ate my system resources (I refuse
> to wait 5 mins for the thing to load).

What load ? Player ? Animation ? From drive ? From net ?
I use Media Player for mpg, avi, asf and other microsoft specific formats,
Quick Time player for qt and mov, Real Player for Real videos. IIRC I have
100% success and short "load" time for almost every animation on PII 233.

Btw, do you know about povray.animation group ?

ABX