POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Commercial stuff with PovRAY? : Re: Commercial stuff with PovRAY? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:09:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Commercial stuff with PovRAY?
From: ABX
Date: 11 Aug 2004 08:19:29
Message: <fs2kh01hf179tq5dhku1a1du2e1oe2o1mu@4ax.com>
On 11 Aug 2004 07:55:13 -0400, "Rafal 'Raf256' Maj" <spa### [at] raf256com> wrote:
> abx### [at] abxartpl news:7t0kh01u9n0vhnifgfppomj8a3lugdqs71@4ax.com
> > You could avoid it if you would not think about POV-Ray like free
> > drawing library, IMHO.
>
> I am using it as free drawing library, to create GUI for application for
> example

Then you are not using it as a library, but as a development tool. To the
end-user it's invisible.

> I thought that is one of purposes of
> Pov-RAY, other are using it for creating games graphics etc, etc...

Again, creation of graphic is part of development of game.

> > In view of your past posts I think your thinking about nature,
> > ownership and developers is somewhere incomplete.

(I forgot to add "of POV-Ray" somewhere in the sentence.)

> ?

Hard to explain. It's something which caused others to less frequently answer
to your posts.

> > Just drop idea of POV and stay with OpenGL.
>
> Radiosity, reflections, (area)shadows, CSG+transforms(only last one is
> easy to write self)

Well, those are not features for fast preview in CAD program.
Note that even Moray switched to OpenGL preview and there is one for POV-Ray
itself somewhere too.

ABX