POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : pov new server problem? : pov new server problem? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:17:25 EDT (-0400)
  pov new server problem?
From: povray
Date: 11 Oct 2004 20:18:42
Message: <fqmlm05cccptu3e9nmigjcr2i6f6fqtr25@4ax.com>
Firstly, I am sorry if this is off-topic for
this particular group.  I was unsure as to what
catagory this would go under so "general" seemed a
safe bet.

	Recently (like a week or so) I've begun to have
trouble getting the news from the pov-ray news server.
Before that, my software was grabbing everything from
the server with no trouble at all.  In fact, this is the
same software I've used for some years.
	What happens now is my newsreader connects
to the povray news server succesfully and gets some
messages but then gets stuck and times out.
	Oddly enough, this *seems* to be happening
mostly on the pictures (binaries) newsgroup.
	I am trying to narrow down the cause of the
problem, especially the question of if the problem is
on my end or the server end.
	So, my actual question is: is anyone else
having trouble getting news from the pov-ray
server this week?
	The follow up question will be, if others
are having trouble, is something up with the
server?  (obviosuly, if no one else is having trouble,
it is something on my end, though i can't imagine what)

--
to all the companies who wait until a large user base becomes
dependant on their freeware, then shafting said happy campers with