POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Cloth patch in Megapov1.1 X times slower then megapov 1.0 : Re: Cloth patch in Megapov1.1 X times slower then megapov 1.0 Server Time
31 May 2024 22:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cloth patch in Megapov1.1 X times slower then megapov 1.0
From: ABX
Date: 3 Sep 2004 06:56:11
Message: <fmigj0dld3h6sp4hmkjkubhkhsfmg4d570@4ax.com>
On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 11:44:42 +0200, Arne Kleinophorst
<kle### [at] spamdebitelnet> wrote:
> But if you would have read on you would have noticed that the
> alternative version is also not faster. And i just don't see why a
> feature which apparently has not changed is sooo much slower now.

The feature is only part of whole package. MegaPOV 1.0 was based on POV-Ray
3.5, MegaPOV 1.1 beta is based on POV-Ray 3.6.1. That was many times mentioned
that 3.5 and 3.6 differs a lot but internally: various C++ support,
frontend/backend architecture, new compilers, various bugfixes. That's
possible that in case of Windows port some of internal changes affected Cloth
patch as well in the way we failed to notice. We are working hard on MegaPOV
1.1 final relase and we are open to your observations and suggestions once the
new binaries and sources are released.

> I thought i provided some kind of bug report...

I would call it an 'impression' :-)

ABX