POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Why I won't enter PoVComp again. : Re: Why I won't enter PoVComp again. Server Time
17 May 2024 20:14:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why I won't enter PoVComp again.
From: ABX
Date: 25 Feb 2005 05:09:50
Message: <fftt11tt3t7t1g6iaegu6tc28tnip4gmqq@4ax.com>
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:16:07 -0000, "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
> > Let me just quote invitation message for POVCOMP: "The aim of POVCOMP 2004
> > is
> > to show the full potential of POV-Ray."
>
> Then I was right.

Yes you are right in noticing that POV-Ray maintainers and developers which
spend more than 10 years on hard making it, could organize contest to
encourage people to explore flexibility of this tool in various fields.

> So why entice 'other' povray users, ABX?

To learn tool better.

> Sorry ABX, but I am pissed with this - and if anyone thinks it's "sour
> grapes", you're SO wrong.

I do not understand "sour grapes" in the above sentence, sorry. I do not
understand all the phrases available in english. And I do not understand why
did you addressed it to me. I wasn't maintainer of the contest.

> I want to learn POV the way *I* want to learn it,
> and use it. That's what it's there for. To use.

Go in peace and do not destroy the happy time of the awarded povers then.
There is so many contests in the world I want to participate but I don't
because I do not meet their audience, requirements or timelines. I can give
you urls to them if you wish. Find your place youself and allow others to be
happy :-)

ABX