POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Northern Illinois University Student Attack : Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack Server Time
12 Oct 2024 07:12:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack
From: Stephen
Date: 18 Feb 2008 16:24:12
Message: <fdtjr3lsitjlg5dv45vkrrb6h3oa1kkm91@4ax.com>
On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 14:46:29 -0000, "Phil Cook"
<phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:

>>> Oo ar well I be in the country so we get a lot of shotguns and the odd
>>> rifle. No handguns of course since the ban. Incidently we seem to be
>>> getting increased reporting of stabbing incidents.
>>
>> Increased reporting, indeed.
>
>Yes I chose my phrasing carefully.

Naturally, you usually do, I think.

>> But I see little difference from when I was young.
>> The media loves a panic it gives them a greater audience. Oo ar, Oo ar,
>> Oo ar :)
>
>http://www.septicisle.info/2008/02/book-review-flat-earth-news-by-nick.html

Part of the artical reminds me of a story I heard years ago when I was working
for the Daily Record (I was young in those days). The Sunday Post printed a
story about a baby who woke up his parents during the night and they found that
the house was on fire. "Hero Baby Saves Family". The Record sent a reporter
round to the house to do a follow up. When he arrived and asked the young father
about it, he said that he was the baby and the story was twenty years old.
If it sells then print it.

Regards
	Stephen