POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Julia Fractal : Re: Julia Fractal Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:27:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Julia Fractal
From: Mike Williams
Date: 28 Sep 2008 02:18:52
Message: <fbNoRaE9Gy3IFwA8@econym.demon.co.uk>
I ran a calculation of a slice through such a surface.

A point is white if the Lorenz Attractor with parameters Sigma=10,
Rho=28, Beta=8/3 starting at that point converges to the Attractor and
black if it diverges.

The shape has got a bit more structure than I expected, but it's not
very exciting. It took 4m 35s to calculate that one slice, so expect
several hours to calculate a complete 3D surface using SDL. If you think
it's worth pursuing, then you'd be better off doing the calculations in
a compiled language and outputting something that POV can process.

I've posted the image to binaries.images and gave it the title "Lorenz
Generator Slice". I thought that retaining the title of this thread for
the image posting would confuse readers of that group.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure