POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! : Re: Tell me it isn't so! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:16:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tell me it isn't so!
From: Stephen
Date: 9 Aug 2009 10:47:33
Message: <f8ot75p0qsde5luscbfpsdmb5ph136v6no@4ax.com>
On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 00:12:14 +0200, andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

>I think it was meant as a reference to the British system where you can
>only elect politicians that have been to one or two colleges. It is
>scarily true of most democracies though.

I think that Jim is right it is more a criticism of the American political
system. In Britain we have effectively had a three party system since the late
19th century and have a few small parties and independent members of parliament.

You may be being confused with our class system where the majority of English
MPs have traditionally been educated at either Oxford or Cambridge.
--

Regards
     Stephen