POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I've been away from here for X years and all I can come up with is this stupid post. : Re: I've been away from here for X years and all I can come up with is this stupid post. Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:20:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I've been away from here for X years and all I can come up with is this stupid post.
From: Stephen
Date: 27 Jan 2008 05:31:05
Message: <f8mop3t4jj188hgnq4r6rgvm388nfm0cis@4ax.com>
On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 03:08:53 -0500, Ian Burgmyer <spe### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

>> We must read different books but I do remember that laptop :)
>
>Ohhhh yes, it was a monster.

There is a generation gap here :) I thought Alienware was a super duper OS from
"elsewhere" :)

>I got to take my friend's apart once.

When I get a new one I intend to strip down my laptop and clean it till it dies
:)

>> And the lens don't forget the lens.
>
>That was included with my camera.  $550 paid for a kit containing the
>camera, a lens, some software, USB->mini-USB cable, a battery, a battery
>charger, and the manual.
>
>All I had to buy was the SD card and a bag.

I meant that the production costs of the camera should have a large proportion
allocated to the lens.

>>> Ah well, I'm still going to be in Tampa for about a month and a week, so
>>> it's all good.
>>
>> It sounds so exotic :)
>
>The appeal wore off already. :)

LOL

>Tampa reminds me a lot of Boardman, OH, in a lot of ways.  Even so, I'm
>not about to complain about the weather down here.
>
>Let's just say, my parents are dealing with this:
>http://tinyurl.com/yq9alg
>
>I'm "suffering" through this:
>http://tinyurl.com/23espb
>
>(both TinyURLs point to accuweather.com)

I'm sure that you can cope :)

>> That is a long course it must cover a lot?
>
>Yeah, we go over quite a bit.  They also drill a lot of stuff into our
>heads.  Lots of hands-on stuff, soldering to TVs, VCRs, and such, making
>sure our equipment isn't too obvious, doing a little bit of quick
>paperwork...it's kinda fun, really.
>
>We're also covering two different systems, hence the eight week training
>time.
>
>I've only shocked myself twice so far (low voltage, low amperage...no
>worries). ;]

Respect! :)
Who cares about the voltage? It only hurts. :-)
It certainly wakens you up, though.
"Here and now".

"Here and now".
:)

>> Is it a campus and do you get out at night? :)
>
>Yessir, and oh yes.

:-)

>I'm in the campus in Oldsmar, FL.  Here's a night shot of it:
>
>http://www.aia.org/aiarchitect/thisweek04/tw1119/1119aiafl_6nielsen_b.jpg
>
>The part that's sort of rough is that my class hours are 5pm-2am.  Very eww.

They seem strange hours for a college, to me. I can't believe that studding at
those times would be conducive to understanding.
I would need to go into "Nightshift" mode. How do you cope with that?

>Ah well, I have but five weeks left. =)

A day less now :)

Regards
	Stephen