POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Puting the ID in Stupid. : Re: Puting the ID in Stupid. Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:15:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Puting the ID in Stupid.
From: Stephen
Date: 26 Mar 2008 04:09:46
Message: <f64ku39p8ae488ligj6cqb802nuq6j662u@4ax.com>
On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 21:16:37 EST, "nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom>
wrote:

>I'd say being a good person this days is already out-of-ordinary.  But I was
>thinking more about enlightned people, like many famous scientists, artists,
>heroes and religious leaders...

I fear for the society that you live in then. And why should being a
famous scientist make you good? As for artists well history is full of
them being castigated for their views and I won't give my view on most
of the religious leaders around.

>> Let people have something worthwhile to do and the means to do it and
>> they would be a lot happier and healthier.
>
>Yes.  But then, suppose in some near future we reach an utopia where death and
>disease have been abolished, useful work is done by robots and all we do in our
>free time is entertain ourselves with little hobbies, sex and some sort of TV.
>I wonder how much pleasure we'd take out of this kind of life rather than our
>ancestral struggle to survive.

Wake me up when it happens

>But then, supposedly heaven/nirvana is like that.  Only no sex, I guess...

Why no sex? Christianity is not the only religion but it has
sanctified a lot of the old ones.

>> >I don't force God down the throats of anyone, do I?
>>
>> Small gods refers to the diminishing power of schisms in religion. And
>> no I don't think you do, do you?
>
>No.  And God bless you! :)

Is that the same God that will condemn me to everlasting Hell because
I don't believe He/She exists?
And BTW I am blessed IMO.
--

Regards