POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Optimisation of POVRay code : Optimisation of POVRay code Server Time
26 Jun 2024 08:17:57 EDT (-0400)
  Optimisation of POVRay code
From: Defective
Date: 14 Nov 2000 05:22:54
Message: <f4421t8b94oo7e5d4hkqjm2hbm4o76lerd@4ax.com>
Has anyone though about creating a utility to optimise POVRay code?

I'm thinking along the lines of something that will parse an object
and simplify the various rotations and translations.  I tend to fiddle
with things until I get them laid out exactly as I want them, then
find that I've got a big heap of rotations and translations scattered
all over the place that could probably be simplified to just a few of
each.

Just an idea...

Defective O-O