POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Copyright and sequels of 'Les Misérables' : Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:21:59 EDT (-0400)
From: Stephen
Date: 22 Dec 2008 05:31:32
Message: <f3ruk416ot2rpc60iniq8bnfl3skhh9k8k@4ax.com>
On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 12:07:05 -0800, "Chambers" <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote:

> [...]

That is a good point but with Shakespeare's work what are you changing? There
are three quarto and four folio editions none of which were published by
Shakespeare and they all differ, some significantly. Furthermore, when putting
on a production of a play it is not uncommon for lines, speeches and even scenes
to be cut. This is not generally termed an adaptation.
I just meant to say to Fabien that even tho' Shakespeare is held in great esteem
his words are not sacrosanct. So much so that in Victorian times the ending of
Romeo and Juliet was changed so that they both lived happily ever after. O_O

--

Regards
     Stephen