POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : bash: povray INPUT_PNG.png MY_INI.ini : Re: bash: povray INPUT_PNG.png MY_INI.ini Server Time
1 Jun 2024 05:09:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bash: povray INPUT_PNG.png MY_INI.ini
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 31 May 2007 15:35:03
Message: <f3n7pp$htp$1@chho.imagico.de>
gregjohn wrote:

> Thanks.  But to make sure I understand what's happening there, could you
> briefly explain line by line, especially the [options] part? I'm trying to
> figure out what kind of iscene.pov I would have to set up beforehand.

well - i won't give a whole shell scripting tutorial here but the "for
file in *.png ; do" together with the "done" is a loop setting variable
'file' to each of '*.png'.

cp $file temp.png

should be obvious.

povray -iscene.pov [options] -o...

is simply meant to render scene.pov (which is supposed to use image file
temp.png somewhere of course) with additional options of your choice
into image file ... which is the output of

echo "$file" | sed 's?png$?render.png?'

which replaces the ending 'png' in the file name with 'render.png' so
image.png results in image.render.png (the '$' in the sed command
matches the string end so only a trailing 'png' is replaced).

Christoph

--
Views of the Earth: http://earth.imagico.de/
Images, include files, tutorials: http://www.imagico.de/