POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : JPEG2000 : Re: JPEG2000 Server Time
4 Aug 2024 06:11:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JPEG2000
From: IMBJR
Date: 7 Mar 2004 17:37:58
Message: <f39n40pvk44ctihknnkkeafu8t44lreddg@4ax.com>
On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 14:28:02 -0800, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom>
wrote:

>IMBJR wrote:
>> Splitting hairs to that degree is making you look pointless.
>
>I was merely pointing out an incorrect statement you made. That it
>wasn't germane to the argument your making is irrelevant. Not every
>statement made on a news server, even as a follow up to one of your
>posts, must be targetted at you.

But that does not stop me from replying. Tis the nature of usenet.
Deal with it.

>> Come on,
>> better reasoning and arguments next time please.
>
>I find that you summarily ignore any arguments that anyone else puts
>forth, responding with insults instead, and admonitions that anyone
>disagreeing must really not be paying attention, because you're so
>obviously right. So what's the point? At this point, it's a religious
>war, and the rest of us are the heathens.

Now you are being plain silly. To call forth religion in this manner
is probably insulting those with beliefs too.

Just take a deep breath and re-read. This time, really re-read.
Quietly. To yourself. No mumbling. Understand.

Then you will see I have stated my case logically. I cannot then help
it if I have to then deal with the wave of apathy that came at me. I
call a spade a spade and there are certainly some of these around
these parts.

Besides, this is all moot. Apparently, there is no prohibition from
posting JPEG2000 after all. I - sort of - win.

My First Subgenius Picture Book:
http://www.imbjr.com