POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Patch Newbie asks about blob2 : Re: Patch Newbie asks about blob2 Server Time
28 Sep 2024 16:43:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Patch Newbie asks about blob2
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 29 Dec 2003 10:32:03
Message: <evt5c1-jk5.ln1@triton.imagico.de>
gregjohn wrote:
>>http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/files/mpp1.0_1release.tar.gz
>
> Stupid PCuser Question:  will a PC open a .gz file??

I would assume that if you don't know how to handle a .tar.gz file you
will have difficulties compiling POV-Ray...  Note this package contains
the source code and not a Windows binary.

>>Note that the release of the next MegaPOV depends on the next official
>>POV-Ray release so the fact that there has not been any new version for
>>about a year does not mean that much.
>
> Really? Why is that?  I thought it was just a bunch of folks tinkering and
> when it was presentable it was shared. Are you limited by the release of
> 4.0??

This has nothing to do with 4.0, we just have adopted the changes made
in the official POV before they are actually released for various
reasons.  This of course has the unintended side effect to prevent a
release at the moment but on the other hand there would be a lot of work
integrating patches after the official release otherwise.

Christoph

Last updated 25 Oct. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______