POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pixel display - Just curious : Re: Pixel display - Just curious Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:15:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pixel display - Just curious
From: AF
Date: 9 Oct 2003 19:03:15
Message: <eupbov4h7jufaee50b6ipuig6if1e0jar8@4ax.com>
On 9 Oct 2003 16:41:13 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>  Actually it's better that it doesn't show every pixel immediately
>because in long renders it can be truely hypnotical to watch the
>render progressing pixel by pixel... You'd better be alone when you get
>hypnotized like that or other people will think you are crazy. :P

Other people will think I'm crazy?  A thousand years ago on a 386-33 I
remember watching pixels on slow renders until I realized that I was
crazy.  POV rehab saved me.  Sort of.

One of the reasons I asked this question was to settle an argument.
POV docs are clear that the video card is not a part of the rendering
speed equation.  From the responses here, depending on the GUI, a few
milli-seconds or in a few cases perhaps a few seconds might be saved
with a really fast video card.   Not for me.  I can wait a few
milli-seconds and save big bucks.  :-)

Thanks guys,

AF