POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Facing the inevitable - Facing-the-inevitable.jpg : Re: Facing the inevitable - Facing-the-inevitable.jpg Server Time
2 Jun 2024 14:43:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Facing the inevitable - Facing-the-inevitable.jpg
From: Peter Popov
Date: 19 Nov 2002 15:17:09
Message: <eq6ltucigq6ohgdmoitqbvakl4928nsbq7@4ax.com>
On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 20:21:26 +0100, Christoph Hormann
<chr### [at] gmxde> wrote:

>Very nice, i can recognize quite some of the programs featured but not
>all.  Would you mind telling what all the disguised balls resemble?

Front to back, left to right:

Blender
Bryce, Cinema4D
RenderMan, MAX, Lightflow
TrueSpace, XSI, A-M, Rhino (yeah, should have been Flamingo)
Messiah, Lightwave, Maya, Brazil, finalrender

>And i have two suggestions:

>- a version with HDR image based illumination

Rendering with radiosity as we speak, should be ready by tomorrow I
hope. As of HDR, how do I use it in POV?

>- animate it...

Got a render farm at your disposal? :)

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg