POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Round_Cylinder not working on Linux, but does on Windows. : Re: Round_Cylinder not working on Linux, but does on Windows. Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Round_Cylinder not working on Linux, but does on Windows.
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 15 Dec 2006 00:20:04
Message: <elshmq$c3k$1@chho.imagico.de>
space_cadet wrote:
> Thanks, Chris. Thats a great idea, and I'll investigate as soon as I can.
>
> If I am able to identify a particular line of code thats the culprit, I'm
> still left with why that code would respond differently on the different
> platforms.

It is perfectly normal that in special cases like this (zero diameter
cylinder, torus with zero major radius) different compiles generate
different results (mostly due to different math library
implementations).  As said it is simply expected that the user takes
care of using reasonable values in such places.

Note while you might suggest one compile handles such a case 'more
correctly' than another one this usually is pure luck.

Christoph

http://www.imagico.de/ (Last updated 15 Oct. 2006)