POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : isosurface & DEM data : Re: isosurface & DEM data Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:18:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: isosurface & DEM data
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 14 Dec 2006 16:50:03
Message: <elsgrj$8rs$1@chho.imagico.de>
albe99 wrote:
> Hi to all..
> Sorry for my bad english, but I need a code-sample or a tutorial that
> describes how POV-Rays isosurface objects can be used to render a landscape
> from digital elevation maps (DEM)..
> can someone help me?..please?..

The isusrface tutorial in the official docs contains an example how to
displace a planar surface with a function:

http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/73/

Instead of the noise function used there just use an image_pattern
pattern function or image_map pigment function.  There is also a macro
in the IsoCSG library that wraps an isosurface to be used like a
height_field:

http://www.imagico.de/pov/ic/docu02.html#Heightfield

Christoph

http://www.imagico.de/ (Last updated 15 Oct. 2006)