POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Distributed render : Re: Distributed render Server Time
3 Aug 2024 02:17:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Distributed render
From: ABX
Date: 11 Jun 2004 07:51:45
Message: <ek6jc0pqg1313gv43dqo485du7mag1h7re@4ax.com>
On 11 Jun 2004 07:23:17 -0400, "Rafal 'Raf256' Maj" <spa### [at] raf256com> wrote:
> abx### [at] abxartpl news:3n3jc09gk9e7bvt26knb90sk50b62ug0i6@4ax.com
> >  Or do you have at hands ready algorithm where it is easy to find
> > pixels in image where changed finish is visible (including reflections
> > and transparency of other objects)?
>
> Ofcourse we have.

Of course we haven't. We could have if somebody would implement it. IIRC you
were talking about it already in the past and AFAIR you promised to deliver
patch with something like this. But you didn't IIRC. Did you?

> The raytrace procedure does *exacly* it, only need to add
> extra value returned by it (nor only R,G,B but also information like
> bool was_object_XXX_hit)

With the risk of repeating it again, are you aware of how many objects are hit
in radiosity scenes for each pixel with every intersection? Do you know memory
behind it? Do you know that antialiasing increases it? Do not theoretize
please, Rafal. Take a compiler which you already have and finaly prove us
something! I would be happy to see it.

ABX