POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Translate by turbulence : Re: Translate by turbulence Server Time
6 Aug 2024 00:10:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Translate by turbulence
Date: 12 Jul 2002 10:43:47
Message: <ejqtiu85qkheglkr0pucrpsj3p4jdvi3gd@4ax.com>
On Fri, 12 Jul 2002 10:36:16 -0400, "TinCanMan" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:

> Thanks, but it appears to be the opposite of what I want (if I understand
> turbulence properly).  The vector returned by vturbulence() for pt A is the
> original vector of the point that is essentially now located at A rather
> than where the point that was originally at A is now.

I'm affraid it will be the same in my solution. What you are looking for is
bidirectional (reversable) turbulence (noise). I have looked for this kind if
noise at the time when I was working on deform patch. I passed but perhaps you
will find it.

ABX