POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity question : Re: Radiosity question Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:28:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity question
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 26 Oct 2006 14:40:03
Message: <ehqv7t$ef5$1@chho.imagico.de>
Bill Pragnell wrote:

> If I have a large high-ambient object with no_image, no_reflection and
> no_shadow, in Megapov it lights the scene nicely with radiosity. In POV-Ray
> 3.6, it provides no lighting at all unless I remove the no_image modifier
> (inconveniently making the light source visible).

MegaPOV splits the no_image flag (which affects both radiosity rays and
camera rays in official POV-Ray) into no_image and no_radiosity.  This
is not affected by the #version directive at the moment.  There is no
way the achieve the same effect in POV-Ray 3.6.

> Furthermore, optimal
> radiosity parameters under 3.6 render differently, indeed poorly, under
> Megapov (I have yet to find optimal parameters in the latter case!).

This seems very unlikely if you are not using any patches.

Christoph

http://www.imagico.de/ (Last updated 15 Oct. 2006)