POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Short code competition number 4 : Re: Short code competition number 4 Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:24:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Short code competition number 4
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 25 Sep 2006 13:10:04
Message: <ef92d4$j3m$1@chho.imagico.de>
Paul Bourke wrote:
> Round four of the POVRay short code contest
>
> Not quite a full on announcement but close enough.
>
> Please point your browser here and make any suggestions, comments, wording,
> etc.
>    http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/scc4/

One problem that might arise is that people could start using the code
of previous entries, modify it a bit and submit it as new.  In my scc3
submission you could for example simply change the colors and pattern
and have a differently looking but essentially very similar scene.  Due
to the small size this might not be easily recognizable for the voters
(because you could quite well get independently to very similar 256
character scenes).

The fact that the code will be visible makes this easier to deal with
but i still fear that during voting there could be extensive discussion
about whether some entries are based on older ones.

Christoph

http://www.imagico.de/ (Last updated 20 Aug. 2006)