POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Short code contest : Re: Short code contest Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:23:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Short code contest
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 24 Sep 2006 09:15:03
Message: <ef603c$oul$1@chho.imagico.de>
Paul Bourke wrote:
> Any interest in another short code contest?

That would be great i think.

> The last one was over 2 years ago
>    http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/rendering/scc3/
> I wondered about adding a new twist to make it harder .... under 256 bytes
> and use only spheres. I'm up to organising it if there is sufficient
> interest.

You probably mean 'spheres are the only *shapes* that might be used' -
otherwise without colors, textures, light sources etc. the results would
be pretty boring...

It could be that with such a restriction the results will be less
interesting for non-technical people.  What might be better is to have a
certain 'base scene' every submission is appended to when being rendered
and at the same time reducing the number of characters allowed.  There
could for example be a light source, camera, background and radiosity
block predefined.

Another possible variant would be to disallow certain characters in the
code (like for example the only digits allowed being '0' and '1'). ;-)

Christoph

http://www.imagico.de/ (Last updated 20 Aug. 2006)