POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The chart : Re: New chart -21KB Server Time
2 Jun 2024 05:31:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New chart -21KB
From: Stephen
Date: 28 Feb 2008 07:30:51
Message: <ebads3l5ot3odh8qmkr9lrqr0tg74ecshu@4ax.com>
On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 11:57:14 +0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

If you are making something with components bought from Maplin's or RS you need
to be aware that the tolerances might be very low. Many years ago when I worked
for Motorola we had three levels of specifications. The highest one was Military
spec which had the tightest tolerances then there was within spec, sold to the
industry followed by functionally working which was sold to hobby shops like
Maplin and RS. The latter could not be relied on in any critical circuits.

Regards
	Stephen