POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What is the most marketable skill? : Re: What is the most marketable skill? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:15:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What is the most marketable skill?
From: Mike Williams
Date: 8 Jan 2004 16:31:46
Message: <eSZv4LAYwc$$Ew+$@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Jim Charter who wrote:
>Tom Galvin wrote:
>

>> As a techie, then python is the current darling scripting language of
>> Hollywood.
>>

>Interesting.  Do you know why it has such appeal?  I mean it is an
>appealing enough language to use, but what is the particular
>characteristic that puts it at the top of the list?

I've noticed that things like Poser and Paint Shop Pro now come with
Python scripting built in. I guess that companies are finding it easier
and cheaper to bolt application specific objects, functions and methods
onto Python than it would be to develop their own SDL from scratch.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure