POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : lights and tiles : Re: lights and tiles Server Time
6 Aug 2024 06:15:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: lights and tiles
Date: 2 May 2002 09:45:33
Message: <e5g2dus0aba0hkpnr001t2eojq9nap68de@4ax.com>
On Thu, 02 May 2002 10:31:05 -0300, Valdemir Carrara <val### [at] deminpebr> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi

> That's my first intro in the pov newsgroup, so I hope
> you guys be patient.

there is special group for people like you: povray.newusers

> I have two questions, and I
> didn't find the answer in the FAQ area (though is
> almost impossible to find something in this huge
> place).

You mean povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions or
http://www.students.tut.fi/~warp/povQandT/

>1 - I'd like to see the "tiles" keyword back to Pov
>    textures, but with the sense of tiles and not the
>    sense of checkboard. Tiles are a mixture of checboard
>    with brick. It has a mortar, and resembles a checboard.
>    Pov 3.x can't generate a texture where a brick is
>    exatly bellow other. Instead, one brick extends two
>    halves of the bricks above and bellow. I think that
>    one tile should be placed exatly bellow other in
>    the tile texture.

I really don't understand this wish. What you mean as "below" ? under in
leyers of texture or descending coordinates in some direction ? As Pov 3.x you
mean also 3.5 ? Have you know function possibilities ? Have you know warp{} ?

> 2 - There's something strange in the way that light
>     intensity is calculated.

I'm sure Kari Kivisalo or somebody similiar will answer you :-)

ABX