POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Northern Illinois University Student Attack : Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:45:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack
From: Stephen
Date: 19 Feb 2008 17:52:40
Message: <e1mmr3d42m2ijf9dcnqm4ohvfl0so103h3@4ax.com>
On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 16:41:24 -0500, Sabrina Kilian <"ykgp at vtSPAM.edu"> wrote:

>> No it is only an opinion (I have a black belt in nitpicking :)
>>

>Mine is in defending what I said. We could go around in circles for days. =)

As the earth goes round the sun:)

>>  nuclear family = traditional extended families
>>

>Where I grew up, those are still the norm. The rumor of their demise has
>been greatly exaggerated.

Ah! The rural life. No theatre but it has its advantages, so I've been told :)

>> And our NHS is going private. Thanks for the warning
>>

>While we struggle to make ours open to everyone. What should I be
>watching out for?

I could say Obama but that would be flippant :)

BTW did you know that if he became president Jamaicans would say that you were
still waiting for a black president?

>That could be the issue. Here, there is very little difference between
>psychiatrist and psychologists, the primary one being that the former is
>a medical doctor and can prescribe and dispense drugs.

The same here.

@ $100/hr? A nice job if you can get it :)

>My point in the math comparison was the frame of reference. Some people
>don't know how to solve the problems they find in daily life, either
>because they just never learned or because of medical problems. Medicine
>masks that, but doesn't teach them anything, so the person may continue
>to run into the same problem again and again. I'm not saying the
>medicine is useless, but it's not always the only thing needed. Same
>with the math problem, you could tell a person the answer but it doesn't
>help the next time they have a similar problem.

Your answer makes sense but I have a nagging feeling it is not a good analogy. I
may come back to it later.

>As for depression, be glad you haven't.

I am, believe me. (There but for the grace of God go I) [Not that I am
religious]

>I've described it like this:
[snip]

>It's something that's very hard to imagine, I'm certain.

Not really, you describe it well. I don't have personal experience of clinical
depression but I have seen it close up second hand. I've been depressed by my
situation in life, sometimes to the point of being paralysed but for me a good
kick has got me going again. I know that if I had been clinically depressed that
would not have worked. Funnily enough the phrase "pull yourself together" has
never crossed my lips. I am just about perfect :) ROTFL

Regards
	Stephen