POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Plump Ken : Re: Plump Ken Server Time
2 May 2024 20:16:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Plump Ken
From: Stephen
Date: 11 Jan 2008 05:26:24
Message: <e1heo3hc8s2b4ioa07r2io0c1olb2pratd@4ax.com>
On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 09:26:33 +0100, "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet>
wrote:

>Just back in business again (took somewhat longer than expected to be online
>once more...).
>
>Stephen, except for the runtime directories which are generated from the
>downloads and which I should not meddle with, everything else (above the
>runtime level that is) is up to you. It means that you can have several
>different runtimes in different directories. For instance, in a directory
>'Figures' you could generate a sub-directory 'Apollo', another 'Animals', or
>yet another 'Aliens', etc. The same for hair, or props. Each sub-directory
>would contain a runtime in which the downloads would write their specific
>stuff, or where you can write your own creations in Poser. Hm, not sure if I
>made myself clear...
>
>Thomas

Hi Thomas, I hope that your move was not too traumatic.
I tried a slightly different method from you and maybe from Janet. I created a
separate directory for each figure and installed the downloads in there with
their runtime structure. That way I have all the clothes, props and materials
etc. for that figure in one library. I was going to report back on how that
worked but I've developed an aversion to using my laptop due to the noise of the
fans. Oh! Dear, more expense and I've finished my contract at Philips.

Regards
	Stephen