POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Apple cores: a gesture of goodwill towards a post-apocalyptic planet : Re: Apple cores: a gesture of goodwill towards a post-apocalyptic planet Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:25:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Apple cores: a gesture of goodwill towards a post-apocalyptic planet
From: Stephen
Date: 26 Feb 2008 07:40:14
Message: <dt18s3lktrp15rs2u6s8mii4hoijg3sl78@4ax.com>
On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 07:14:14 EST, "gregjohn" <pte### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

>Perhaps. I've only perceived Buddhism as having a world view steeped in
>fatalism, passivity, and denial of the illusion of suffering around us.

In my last job I was working with a Hindu {who after working in the US and
enjoying Western ways for five years decided that the old way was best (make
what you will of that)}. I mentioned Buddhism as it is probably better known in
the US than Hinduism. (No offence intended) In Britain we have become very multi
cultural and many of us know about Eastern religions through friends, neighbours
and work colleges.

>I have not met many folks who say, "Because I'll be reincarnated, I better make
>sure I clean up this place. "

To tell the truth, neither have I but it is a logical extrapolation (I think)
The respect for all life is basic in these beliefs. You might find the wiki
article interesting if a bit cluttered with different words and concepts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinduism#Beliefs

Regards
	Stephen