POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Not for sale anymore (120 kbu) : Re: Not for sale anymore (120 kbu) (0/1) Server Time
17 May 2024 22:40:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not for sale anymore (120 kbu) (0/1)
From: Glen Berry
Date: 15 May 2002 16:42:40
Message: <dsXiPHs2401y6z7jqWVeS5FX026W@4ax.com>
On Wed, 15 May 2002 15:16:40 -0500, "Tony[B]" <ben### [at] catholicorg>
wrote:

>The only thing I think it needs is focal_blur. Other than that, superb job
>(as usual), Gilles.

I've attached two more quick Photoshop variations. The first one is
Not_4_Sale_fb.jpg:

This image simulates focal blur by selectively applying gaussian blur
to the areas behind the tree. I  used an amount of "1" for the
gaussian blur. The effect is somewhat subtle. Higher amounts didn't
look like focal blur, but simply a poorly-focused image.

The second image is Not_4_Sale_Fog.jpg:

This is a simulation of fog, by applying a huge amount of gaussian
blur to the background areas behind the tree. I selected those areas
with Photoshop's lasso tool, and feathered the selection by 45 pixels.
The gaussian blur amount was set to "48", which is a LOT of blur.

These are just quick explorations what might be done, either within
POV-Ray itself, or in a post-process. I think the results are
interesting.

Oh, I should mention that Gilles himself thought it would be good to
post some of my comments here, as I had earlier sent him only private
emails. He thought that some of the information might be useful to the
rest of the newsgroup.

Later,
Glen

7no### [at] ezwvcom     (Remove the numeral "7")