POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Making first animation : Re: Making first animation Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:27:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making first animation
From: Stephen
Date: 12 Jun 2008 09:24:41
Message: <dp82541k6ummlr56rfq5nr6gb2ud1u08c7@4ax.com>
On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 09:08:52 EDT, "hager4" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

>Hi. I am new to POV-Ray. I am trying to make my first animation. I have looked
>up documentation and have gone throught the help topics. I just cant seem to
>get it to work. I am using MLCad to render legos. I can render 1 image. But I
>cant figure out how to create/edit ini files or command line instructions. Is
>there a pecial place I need to keep these files? Where in the pov file do i
>need to add time code and such. How do I edit it. Is there a place where I can
>find all this information in one place? I know once I get the first animation
>done that I'll be on my way. I justwould atleast like to see it produce
>multiple renderings. Then I will need to know how to rotate or move something
>over time in my animation. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks

Hi and welcome,
Firstly what OS are you using and have you read the help files 2.3.8.1
The Clock Variable: Key To It All.

The INI file is usually kept in same folder as the Pov file. You can
read about it here 1.2.5.2  INI Files

It would be a good idea to look at the examples that come with
Pov-Ray. Try Bong.

There is also a newsgroup especially for animations povray.animations

--

Regards
     Stephen