POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : pov64 - linux advice wanted please! : Re: pov64 - linux advice wanted please! Server Time
1 Aug 2024 16:27:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pov64 - linux advice wanted please!
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 5 Dec 2005 11:28:30
Message: <dn1pku$r2n$1@chho.imagico.de>
Nicolas Calimet wrote:

>     Life isn't so black or white, is it?
>
>     I've been constantly using both environments for about 10 years now
> (but started with DOS 5.0/Windows 2.1).  My equations system is pretty
> simple actually:

Switching between on a single system?

> Windows == multimedia* and games**
> Linux   == work and development
>
>     I know the first equation is becoming less relevant though.

Well if one is used very rarely (i'd say less than 5% of the time) this
might work.  It appears to me that this might be so in your case.

But i agree that i should be more careful with saying "this won't work".
  You can observe much stranger computer use habits out there than
routinely rebooting to switch between operating systems several times
per day...

Chritoph

http://www.imagico.de/ (Last updated 31 Oct. 2005)