POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bent text? : Re: Bent text? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 17:02:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bent text?
Date: 14 Feb 2002 09:14:17
Message: <dmgn6u8f93mc51mqg6g0pbrckt9t82stq2@4ax.com>
On 14 Feb 2002 08:55:44 -0500, Ron Parker <ron### [at] povrayorg> wrote:
> > I would like to model a column with words engraved or carved into or out of
> > (i.e. protruding from) the column.  I don't know how to create 3D letters
> > which are curved to match the column, however.
>
> Somebody sit down with the object pattern and a cylinder warp and an
> isosurface and whip something up for the poor chap, eh?  I would, but I
> don't happen to have a running copy of POV at the moment.

I have tried isosurfaces bulided from object patter with megapov but it was
explained to me (iirc in p.u-p) that it is impossible to properly calculate
normal (iirc it was connected with gradient)
(my try is at http://www.abx.art.pl/pov/nonlinear/twist.jpg )
so does your reply means it is now possible in 3.5 ?
Is "yes" then great - I'll refresh my scripts probably.

ABX