POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray 3.51? : Re: POV-Ray 3.5.1? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 02:19:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray 3.5.1?
From: ABX
Date: 20 Aug 2003 02:27:00
Message: <dj36kvsd20667ifdkgjd4g5nphk6kto829@4ax.com>
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 07:55:15 +0200, "Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde>
wrote:
> And the poster I replied to should really have understood
> that from the version number.

That's obvious for you, not for everybody. For those who are not familar with
numbering systems 3.5.1 means nothing but "new version" could mean variety of
things like bugfixes, better documentation structure, nice manual in PDF,
updated scene files, new installers on some platforms, new icons, rewritten
parts because of copyrights, updated 3rd party libraries, extension to 64bit
platforms, better function VM etc, etc. Whatever 3.5.1 is, it is somehow newer
version and there is no need to know numbering system to ask about it within
community, imo. I don't see any reason why average Windows user should know
numbering system like described at http://www.advogato.org/article/40.html -
so no need to overwhelm user.

ABX