POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Setting each pixel individually : Re: Setting each pixel individually Server Time
1 Jun 2024 15:08:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Setting each pixel individually
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 18 Oct 2005 10:20:02
Message: <dj309v$7gc$1@chho.imagico.de>
SSSUTM wrote:
> I want to be able to render each pixel in a Povray coordinates individually.

This is the wrong group, this group is for discussing the POV-Ray source
code.

Choose either povray.general, povray.newusers or povray.advanced-users
for such threads.

> For example, I want the pixel at coordinate <20,20,20> to be red, the
> coordinates at <20,20,21> to be blue.

A pixel is an entity in a 2D image - something you address with a 3D
vector can't be a pixel.  See:

http://www.imagico.de/pov/ray_newbies.html

For another take on 'What is a pixel?' see:

http://intl.ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/freeabs_all.jsp?isnumber=32338&arnumber=1510545&count=16&index=13

;-)

Christoph

http://www.imagico.de/ (Last updated 07 Oct. 2005)