POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blog article on POVRay : Re: Blog article on POVRay Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:24:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blog article on POVRay
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 8 Oct 2005 04:55:01
Message: <di81fi$32u$1@chho.imagico.de>
David Buck wrote:
> After speaking to Aaron Collins today (Aaron helped me write DKBTrace
> which was later used as the basis of POVRay), I wrote a blog article on
> POVRay, its history, and its present state.

http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/userblogs/buck/blogView?showComments=true&entry=3306173249

Nice to see you stray by.  As you said a bit of the spirit of the good
old times(tm) often would be good.

Interesting reading and thanks for the flowers. ;-)

I had a look at the DKBTrace source from the link you gave and it's
amazing how much from this is still in POV-Ray today.  The sad side is
the amount of bloat added: your lighting.c is 835 lines, today
lighting.cpp is 6287 lines.

BTW what is Aaron Collins doing these days?

Christoph

http://www.imagico.de/ (Last updated 07 Oct. 2005)