POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : STOPPING a render does not "release" computer : Re: STOPPING a render does not "release" computer Server Time
14 Jun 2024 14:42:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: STOPPING a render does not "release" computer
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 3 Oct 2005 04:55:01
Message: <dhqre8$2pk$1@chho.imagico.de>
Kenneth wrote:

> Very interesting!  (My second guess as to this phenomenon was that the
> computer was having to "retrieve" or "clean out" memory it had used...which
> you've corroborated.) I'm happy (??) to know that it's not something to do
> with my own computer setup. Thanks for the info!

Actually that's not quite right.  It would not take that long to stop a
render it you'd stop it by terminating the POV-Ray process.  You can
check this by killing POV-Ray in the task manager - i assume it will
usually not take long to do so.

This is one of the advantages of using the command line version - you
don't have any problem cancelling a render.

Christoph

http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0013390/ (Last updated 24 Jul. 2005)