POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Disable splash window : Re: Disable splash window Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:23:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Disable splash window
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 28 Sep 2005 14:55:02
Message: <dheor6$4cg$1@chho.imagico.de>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> I read you well, but your immediate answer assumes that there is something
> inherently evil in not wanting to display the splash screen of the current,
> official Windows version and I still fail to see what's illegal and
> unethical there.

No.  Maybe that wasn't completely clear from my first reply but there is
nothing wrong in wanting to run a render with POV-Ray without a splash
screen being displayed and i clearly said that:

> If you don't like this (and i can think of good reasons for this) don't use the GUI
version.

I find it inconsequent to want to use the GUI version of POV-Ray (which
is designed for interactive use) but to not accept that when the program
is started it displays a splash screen.

> Since there's no other console version officially available
> for 3.6 in Windows,

I am quite sure if there was demand for a console version one could be
offered.  I am the wrong person to approach about this though.

> and since the very concept having to modify the code and
> compiling one's own version to change something as trivial as the appearance
> of a splash screen is totally foreign to most users, the poster's question
> is perfectly valid and honest unless you can prove otherwise.

Well - i think i tried to answer it as good as possible.

Christoph

http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0013390/ (Last updated 24 Jul. 2005)