POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Disable splash window : Re: Disable splash window Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Disable splash window
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 28 Sep 2005 13:45:01
Message: <dhekhq$3ga$1@chho.imagico.de>
Darren New wrote:
> Christoph Hormann wrote:
>
>> (Darren: "merely refreshing the splash screen adds perhaps five or ten
>> seconds to each frame of animation",
>

> Thanks for chopping off the rest of the description, including the part
> where I'm invoking it over a slow network connection with one invocation
> per frame of animation.

Well - my point is that when rendering an animation you won't get the
splash screen show up between frames no matter how hard you try.

And if you do a hundred or so separate renders one after the other
(which is not an animation render) and for each newly load the whole
WinPOV GUI the time required for the splash screen will be your least
significant problem.

BTW how did you measure the time for the splash screen separately?  This
would require to build a version without the splash screen and compare.
  Did you do that?

Christoph

http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0013390/ (Last updated 24 Jul. 2005)