POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Disable splash window : Re: Disable splash window Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:29:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Disable splash window
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 28 Sep 2005 05:00:02
Message: <dhdm26$3vi$1@chho.imagico.de>
Tim Cook wrote:

>> I would really appreciate if you'd not spread such misinformation.
>> You don't have to click on anything when starting POV-Ray and nearly
>> every program i ever used on Windows shows a splash screen when starting.
>

> I just started a render from Moray, and the splash screen comes up.  POV
> was in fact running and rendering, but the splash screen was being
> displayed.  It does not disappear until you click 'ok'.  Period.

I repeat: The last POV-Ray version i used on Windows (which is 3.6) does
not require you to click on anything when starting it and i have no
reason to assume newer version behave differently.  If you think this
description is inaccurate you are invited to accurately mention what you
observe differently (so it can be checked if this might require a fix)
but everything posted on this so far is either bluntly wrong (Darren:
"merely refreshing the splash screen adds perhaps five or ten seconds to
each frame of animation", Dre: "click ok all the time") or has nothing
to do with this (starting renders from Moray).

Christoph

http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0013390/ (Last updated 24 Jul. 2005)