POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : more interesting functions is isosurface : Re: more interesting functions is isosurface Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:27:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: more interesting functions is isosurface
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 11 Sep 2005 03:25:01
Message: <dg0ls5$3gu$1@chho.imagico.de>
Paul Bourke wrote:
> Is it possible to use more interesting user defined float functions
> in an isosurface?
>
> When defining the function for an isosurface I would lke to be able
> to use #while loops, for example, to compute a series to some specified
> precision.

In addition to the technique Slime outlined you can of course use #while
etc. in functions to generate functions (whithout actual render time
loops of course).  In some cases this can be an efficient way to
generate complicated functions (if your loop parameters do not depend on
the function parameters).

My waves include file:

http://www.tu-bs.de/%7Ey0013390/pov/water/water_inc.html

gives an example for this.